Jenna Mullinix is only 11, but she can already translate common phrases from Latin. Sitting around the table at Red Lobster waiting on their meals several months ago, she and her younger siblings occupied the time by reciting an Orthodox hymn from memory. When she and her brother are outside at night, they can identify […]
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud ascential contributed a whooping 4 entries.
Entries by ascential
I was stunned when I recently heard a teacher explain why virtues were not taught in her classroom. And yet, she is right: adults, sadly, have not gotten it right. One scan of the newspaper or the evening news makes it painfully clear that adults could use a crash course in kindness and respect, which […]
Studies show that a child’s math skills when entering kindergarten are a better predictor of future academic success than reading skills, social skills or the ability to focus. That’s why Katherine Earles, who holds degrees in engineering and mathematics, knew that preparing her Pre-K children to read was important, but developing their math mind was equally […]
Wichita is awash in Lebanese food: Restaurants in all parts of town specialize in hummus, cabbage leaves and kibbe. But you haven’t experienced the full Wichita Lebanese food experience until you’ve visited the annual St. George Lebanese Dinner and Food Sale, which happens Saturday and Sunday at the church, 7515 E. 13th St. To read […]
To train the mind of the student to recognize unchanging truth and the soul in virtuous character, by immersion in a classical curriculum and historic Orthodox Christian Spirituality.
- Welcome to a new school year at Christ the Savior Academy – and blessed Feast!August 15, 2019 - 11:41 pm
- Change and Growth, Tradition and TruthMay 24, 2019 - 1:41 am
- Imitation is an Art – Part I: Originality, History, and “Chronological Snobbery”January 31, 2019 - 5:59 am
- Classical Christian education looks to past, thrives todayAugust 2, 2017 - 5:34 pm
- Matters of the Heart : A Return to Virtue in EducationMarch 6, 2017 - 9:34 pm
7515 East 13th
Wichita, KS 67206